The term ‘Digital Yak’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose office is 18a Main Road, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1DY. “Digital Yak” is the registered trading name of The Sauce Plan Ltd Company No: 08575126 – VAT Number: 265 2662 92. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Terms of Service of hire
– If no specific terms are issued as part of a contract agreement for a project these standard terms and conditions will apply to project work carried out and worked on by Digital Yak.
– Unless otherwise stated in the terms of a project specific contract agreement, our hourly graphic design and website design rate is charged at £35.00 per hour +VAT.
– All Intellectual property and copyright on designs material ( including but not limited to, graphic design work, font and typography, logos, band identities, web site design layouts, website code, and art work for print), created by digital yak is owned in full by digital yak unless otherwise stated in a project specific contract agreement Intellectual property and copyright to design work created by digital yak can be purchased by clients on a contractual agreement basis determined by a project contract agreement, unless otherwise stated in the contract agreement rates of between 200% and 300% of total project cost will apply to the purchase of copyright and intellectual property of graphic and website design work.
– All content created by Digital Yak as part of a marketing or advertising project is owned in full by Digital Yak until payment is made in full by the client as per agreed terms and costs (this does not include native designs produced by digital yak as covered above, but refers to content such as text based articles both online and print and to social media posts). Once payment is made, the full rights and responsibilities of the content are passed to the client in full. Digital Yak does not accept any responsibility for issues arising from content created once this has been supplied to the client and that client accepts full responsibility for all content once paid for. Any content placed on elements owned by the client (such as a website or social media feed) by Digital Yak as part of a project or marketing campaign is the sole responsibility of the client.
– Unless stated in the terms of a project specific contract agreement, all invoices are issues to be paid within 30 days of issuing date. Overdue and late payments will be charged at 5% interest each month past the 30 days due date.
– Digital Yak retains the rights to display work carried out for clients in our online and off line portfolio. This will be used for promotional purposes to show case work carried out to prospective clients.
– Unless otherwise stated in the terms of a project specific contract agreement, all notice periods are defined as 30 days.
– Digital Yak retains the right to charge administrative costs including time spent in recovering unpaid invoice amounts at the rate of £30.00 per hour.
› The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
› Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
› Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
› This website contains material which are owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
› All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
› Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
› From time to time, this website may also include links to other website’s. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
› Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Our site may use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
Our website uses a number of cookies. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer to allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website. This helps to provide you with the best experience when you browse our website.
The cookies we use are either:
› Cookies that allow us to recognise when visitors return to the website
› Cookies that make it easier for you to log in and out of the website
› Cookies that store your website preferences
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. None of the information can be accessed by third parties.